Showcase + Interview: Minimal Game And Movie Poster Designs By William Henry
William Henry a.k.a Bill Pyle, is a freelance graphic designer from New Jersey, who specializes in print and apparel design. He’s a big fan of cartoons, skating, collectables, movies, comics, and video games. His work has been featured at the excellent pop culture art emporium, Gallery 1988 in L.A, and he has worked with a number of clients including, Whiskey Media, R5 Productions, Stereo Sound and Cupcake Clothing.
Return To Fleet had the pleasure of having a quick chat with him to go along with our post, which showcases his awesomely clean movie and video-game poster designs. Check them out below after the interview, featuring cool posters for films such as, The Cabin in the Woods, The Avengers, Fight Club, Sean of the Dead, and minimal designs for big games like, Mass Effect 3, and Borderlands 2.
No problem. Thanks for featuring my work. I appreciate it. This is actually the first time I’ve done an article/interview like this, so its pretty awesome.
Thanks for the kind words about my work. I’ve wanted to be a graphic designer since before I even knew what graphic design was. I have always been fascinated with art and design.
I am inspired by pretty much everything, but yea, movies and video games are pretty high on the inspiration list.
My favorite games are Super Mario World, Sonic The Hedgehog 3/Sonic & Knuckles, and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2.
I obsess over a lot of things. My biggest one would probably be over the minutiae aspects of design. I’m big on proper kerning. Its something I probably spend too much time focusing on.
Being featured in two of Gallery 1988’s show has been awesome. I was a big fan of theirs before they contacted me, so it was a bit of a dream come true to be able to work with them. I hope I’ll be able to continue to work with them next year.
The last film I watched was Total Recall. The original with Arnold, not the remake. I absolutely love that movie.
Other transmissions you may enjoy
- Awesome Movie Posters, Digital Illustrations And Designs By Richard Davies A.K.A Turksworks (returntofleet.com)
- Showcase: Pictogram Graphic Design, Posters And Artwork From Viktor Hertz (returntofleet.com)
- ‘Old School Video Games – Level 2′ Art Show At Gallery 1988 (returntofleet.com)
- Silhouettes From Popular Culture, Olly Moss’ Book of Paper Cut Art – Review (returntofleet.com)
- An Interview And Graphic Movie Poster Redesigns By Alain Bossuyt (returntofleet.com)
- Argo, Looper And Savages Alternate Graphic Movie Posters By Harijs Grundmanis (returntofleet.com)
- Funny Honest Logos And Song Title Graphic Posters by Viktor Hertz (returntofleet.com)
- Futuresque Minimal Graphic Posters by Largetosi Studios (returntofleet.com)